This is my original design thinking quote “Creativity is
intelligence having fun” which I found on Pinterest. I chose this quote because
many can agree that a lot of time and thought goes into any design process.
What makes it fun is the fact that imagination and creativity have no limits. I
can directly relate to this quote because it defines my way of thinking. My
intelligence is not based around mathematics or science; I think creatively.
Drawing has always been my way of expressing myself and I put a lot of thought
into each and every drawing or design that I make. I drew the letters in curly
script in order to create a fun sense of movement and provoke interest. The
issue I found in this first design was that it’s too busy and the background
can be distracting which makes it very difficult to read. Even though I colored
the letters, it was not what I wanted therefore I deemed to be unsuccessful.
I decided that I wanted a clean, neat, and bold design. I really want to emphasize the “fun” part in the quote. I decided to keep it black and white and to fill the word “fun” with pictures and patterns. Hamsa hand designs were a big inspiration for my “fun” patterns in my second design and it gave me many different varieties. Ultimately I was able to develop a strong foundation, which will eventually lead me to my final design that is still in the works.
I decided that I wanted a clean, neat, and bold design. I really want to emphasize the “fun” part in the quote. I decided to keep it black and white and to fill the word “fun” with pictures and patterns. Hamsa hand designs were a big inspiration for my “fun” patterns in my second design and it gave me many different varieties. Ultimately I was able to develop a strong foundation, which will eventually lead me to my final design that is still in the works.

No comments:
Post a Comment