Sunday, October 26, 2014

Designs




After going through all the technical steps to establish a baseline, it was time to add content, type, and pictures. I utilized the design-thinking process (Observation, Brainstorming, Prototype, and Implementation).

Observation- I looked around on websites such as Pinterest to see examples of finished tri-fold brochures in order to gather ideas of where my content and pictures should go and get an overall idea of what direction I wanted to go.

Brainstorming- I brainstormed what pieces of knowledge and picture examples would be most useful to readers. Also, how to be cohesive, clear, and create a legible brochure. I tried using all different fonts until I could find the one that would appear equally professional and appealing.

Prototype- I created different prototypes, placing pictures in different places, rearranging content from one panel to the next and changing fonts to make everything come together cleanly. My first design was boring, plain, and disorganized. The content was in the wrong places, the font didn’t quite work, and the pictures were not the best quality. My second design was more successful; however there was a lot more that it still needed. Margins needed to be corrected; the pictures had black lines around them; the paragraphs didn’t line up; etc. My third design was more improved, however it still needed work. The front cover needed to be switched out and the type needed some adjustments.


Implementation- I took everything that I learned and took the mistakes I made and used it to make a perfect final design. I am now satisfied with the pictures, content, type, font, layout, and overall design.

No comments:

Post a Comment